Monday, May 10, 2021

South Fork (via Wolf Creek Pass)

Today was the day that we worried about from the beginning of the ride. Our challenge today was to make it up and over Wolf Creek Pass at 10,856 feet.  It was tough for all of us living in climates not conducive to winter cycling, all being over 60 years old and for Rob and I, living at 1000 feet. Success was not guaranteed. 



As you would expect, we all made it.   It was not a lot miles today, but the climb was tough.  It was cold and windy at the top.

The ride was beautiful on the way up.


The ride down was cold and fast. 


I took a picture of the ski area where I was downhill skiing in December.   It was very different than my last visit.   At the time, I never imagined riding my bike up the 4000' hill.  I am sure Rob and Derald feel the same way.

                            Today 

                    December 2020

We celebrated at the bottom with a Mexican meal and Margaritas 🍹   After this, everything is downhill.   The low tonight is forecasted to be 29 and the wind is blowing 25 mph, with gusts to 38, so we are very happy to be in a motel.



2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of all of you for your strength and fortitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori....sometimes our determination is a little stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Curtis, Michigan

Today we reached the end of the road for this adventure.   Just after noon, we arrived at our destination of Bob and Keri's cabin on the...